What to Expect Before Your Procedure
Patient Care Associates is committed to providing you with responsive care, comfortable surroundings and skilled treatment. Please read through the following list of pre-procedure information, which is designed to prepare you for your procedure and make the experience as simple as possible.
- Prior to your procedure, patients shall visit our secure website www.simpleadmit.com to complete their admission paperwork, provide their medical and surgical history and medication list using the password supplied at your surgeon’s office. Once submitted, a PCA nurse or team member will call you to discuss arrival times, check-in procedures and any additional pre-admission testing requirements. He or she may request additional information about your health history and medication schedule and may also instruct you about which routine medications should be taken prior to your procedure.
- If you are taking ibuprofen, aspirin products, Coumadin & other blood thinners, dietary supplements, or herbal supplements, consult your physician for instructions. Many of these cannot be safely taken prior to your procedure, and some must be discontinued several days before.
- If you are ill or need to cancel your procedure, please call your physician’s office and Patient Care Associates as soon as possible.
- Plan to leave cash, credit cards, jewelry and valuables at home. Please bring your insurance card and a photo ID on the date of surgery. Patient Care Associates is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Discontinue solid foods, liquids and chewing gum as advised by your doctor’s office or PCA representative. You may brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash.
- Since your procedure may involve activity limitations, it is wise to plan ahead for meals, housework, transportation and post-surgical appointments. You may also need help with dressing and personal hygiene.